Saturday, March 7, 2009

Inner Harbor, Baltimore

 

I suppose this is a cliche'd picture, taken on a sightseeing trip to Baltimore in January 2009. I don't know why pictures I take tend to be a little fuzzy. I guess my hands might not be so steady, and I seem to be too lazy to bring a tripod around. I think this picture would have been better taken using a wider lens with a wider aperture setting. It's too bad that the red buildings on the back can hardly be seen. Plus, a tripod would have helped quite a bit, too!

I still don't know how to use photoshop, I'm sure I'll learn as I go along. The books I've been reading haven't been too helpful, especially since I can't seem to apply the principles yet. Maybe if I take more pictures, it will all start making more sense to me.

What grabbed my attention in this scene that made me take the picture are the small ice formations on the water that formed a certain natural symmetry.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keiichi said...

I think this is very nice picture!

Meg said...

Thank you, Marukatsu! I really appreciate the encouragement.

I notice your nickname is Japanese and that you are in Japan. I was actually in Japan from 2006-2008, and that was where I was inspired to try photography. I bought my camera and my lenses there (Yodobashi). I will post some of those Japanese pictures one of these days. =)