Thursday, February 19, 2009

In Memory and Celebration of Nathaniel

A few years ago, the son of one of my best friends passed away. She had been sending me his photos since he was a baby. He was such a good looking and happy boy, that I used to call my friend "future mother-in-law". She was a good sport about it and said that she had to train him to like older women. It was a tragic event, and my heart broke with hers. I remember receiving the news at 3 a.m. I cried so hard, all alone. I felt her pain, too. It was one of the saddest moments of my life. The name of the boy was Nathaniel. He died at the age of 5.

A few weeks ago another friend of mine from another circle gave birth to a baby boy. She had been married almost 9 years and had been wanting a baby so badly. They were praying about it, seeing fertility doctors...the works. I was starting to think that maybe the can't have children. After years of waiting, they have finally been blessed. It was truly wonderful news! A joyous event, and I was so very happy! And the name of the boy? Nathaniel.

My two friends...two women who never met, never knew each other. One in Germany, the other in California. Perhaps they will never meet, or perhaps they will. Who knows? However, the one thing they share in common is a boy named Nathaniel.

No comments: