Monday, March 9, 2009

Highway 14

 


This picture was taken while on the passenger's side of the car, along Highway 14. It's hard to take pictures, really, when you can't just stop and shoot. Sometimes, you get a shot that's not "too" bad, at least for me, to show how different California really is from, say, Baltimore.

I'm on spring break, and of all the places, I had to come to Lancaster, California. Nevertheless, I thought I might take some pictures anyway, whether good or bad. Unfortunately, I need to get some studying done over the spring break, too. So instead of my D80 and my big bag of lenses, I had to pack some of my readings for university. I did bring my Canon SD880 IS. I am trying not to miss any opportunities to take photos, whether they be good or bad. I have to practice composition anyway, and I don't need my big camera for that! Of course, right now, everything I'm taking is on Auto Mode. It makes life so much easier though, but I won't learn from doing that.

I also started using Picasa. It makes uploading and blogging pictures much much easier, too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keiichi said...

I think this is good picture.
I think what is different between California and Baltimore.
Maybe Baltimore is colder.
Am I right?
I am looking forward to seeing new pictures!
Have a nice day!

Meg said...

Yes, Baltimore is colder. That part of California will head right straight into the Mojave Desert. =)